Chief Tax Information Officer
Published on: November 16, 2020
Let’s find a tax preparation office for you
Oh no! We may not fully support the browser or device software you are using !
To experience our site in the best way possible, please update your browser or device software, or move over to another browser.
The holidays may look different this year, but they are right around the corner, and many Americans are beginning to look for seasonal work because of the pandemic's economic impact.
While many people may think of retail or delivery jobs as the most common or most prevalent seasonal positions, a recent survey2 conducted on behalf of Jackson Hewitt found that 44% of the people surveyed prefer an office job for seasonal work.
Jackson Hewitt and its independently owned and operated franchisees have over 5,500 locations across the United States and they are seeking to hire a total of 22,000 seasonal employees1 for the 2020-2021 tax season. Jackson Hewitt Tax Pros are valued at the highest level and help taxpayers complete their taxes with ease, year after year.
If you are like the 51% of people surveyed looking for a seasonal job this year or the 33% of people surveyed looking for a seasonal job ahead of the holidays due to employment changes relating to COVID-19, consider working at a Jackson Hewitt location this tax season!
Find a Jackson Hewitt location closest to you to see if there are job openings. Jackson Hewitt locations are hiring for a variety of positions and the company and its franchisees held a National Hiring Week during the week of October 26, 2020 and will be holding another National Hiring Week during the week of November 16, 2020.
Prior to applying, you can choose to take the Jackson Hewitt Fundamentals of Tax Preparation Course3 to learn how to prepare taxes from experienced tax professionals and determine if tax preparation is right for you. Course graduates will receive a certificate of completion and may earn IRS continuing education credit4. Courses are offered in-person, virtually, or online to accommodate all schedules5.
1. Most Jackson Hewitt locations are owned and operated by independent franchisees who are independent employers that set their own employment policies and practices. Franchisees are the exclusive employer of their employees and as such are solely responsible for all employment related matters and decisions in their locations. Jackson Hewitt does not control the independent franchisees’ employment policies and practices and does not employ those working at franchised locations. Jackson Hewitt and its franchisees are equal opportunity employers committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce.
2. Survey methodology: The Jackson Hewitt survey was conducted online by Dynata between September 30 and October 1, 2020 among 1,000 American adults aged 18 and older. Respondents to the survey were selected from those who volunteered to participate in online surveys. One thousand complete surveys were collected using the sample framework based on U.S. Census data for age, ethnicity, gender, region, and income.
3. Enrollment in, or completion of, the Jackson Hewitt Fundamentals of Tax Preparation Course is neither an offer nor a guarantee of employment. Additional training, experience, or skills may be required.
4. Jackson Hewitt is an IRS-approved continuing education provider. CPAs should check with their state board of accountancy; other professionals should check with their governing boards to determine whether the courses qualify them for C.E. credit.
5. May require on-site attendance and is not available in all states.
About the Author
Mark Steber is Senior Vice President and Chief Tax Information Officer for Jackson Hewitt. With over 30 years of experience, he oversees tax service delivery, quality assurance and tax law adherence. Mark is Jackson Hewitt’s national spokesperson and liaison to the Internal Revenue Service and other government authorities. He is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), holds registrations in Alabama and Georgia, and is an expert on consumer income taxes including electronic tax and tax data protection.