Let’s find a tax preparation office for you


Oh no! We may not fully support the browser or device software you are using!

To experience our site in the best way possible, please update your browser or device software, or move over to another browser.


Have Questions? We have Answers

How do I get a copy of my Jackson Hewitt return?

Depending on how your return was prepared and file; in a Jackson Hewitt office by one of our Tax Pros, or you prepared the return yourself using JacksonHewitt.com please see the appropriate answer below:

  • At a Local Jackson Hewitt Office

    1. You Electronically Signed Your Tax Return
      If your 2009 through the current year return was prepared at a Jackson Hewitt office that uses the Electronic Signature & Storage (ESS) system, you can print your tax return and other related tax documentation using MyJH.
      1. Join MyJH or Log In to MyJH.
      2. Click on Manage Documents.
      3. Click the ellipsis ••• to the right of the document you'd like to download.
      4. Select Download.
      If needed you can download the Adobe Reader here: https://get.adobe.com/reader/.
    2. You DID NOT Electronically Sign Your Tax Return
      If you require a copy of a return prepared by a local Jackson Hewitt office that did NOT participate in the ESS program you can go to any office and show proper identification to obtain a copy. We ask for identification to protect your privacy and make sure we give copies to only the taxpayer.
      To use our online office locator click here and enter your zip code or call us toll free at 1-800-234-1040 and select option 1 to connect you to the nearest office.
  • Online Using Your My JH Account

    For the current year's return:
    1. Sign into the Jackson Hewitt Online by going to www.jacksonhewitt.com.
    2. Hover over File Online at the top of the page.
    3. Click on the Login button.
    For another year's return:
    1. Customers should sign into MyJH using the credentials they used when they filed that return.
    2. After logging in, go to Return Status.

Where’s my refund?

For security reasons, Jackson Hewitt does not have the ability to check the status of your refund with the IRS.

Checking the Status of a Current Year Refund

  1. Online
    1. Go to https://www.irs.gov/refunds.
    2. Click the Check My Refund Status button.
    What You Will Need
    1. Social security number or ITIN
    2. Your filing status
    3. Your exact refund amount
  2. By Phone
    Call 1-800-829-4477 and use the refund status option offered on the TeleTax system.
    If you file a complete and accurate tax return and you are due a federal refund, you should receive your refund:
    • Within 2 weeks after the acknowledgment date if you file electronically, and you elect to receive your refund via Direct Deposit.
    • Within 4 weeks after the acknowledgment date if you file electronically, and you receive your refund via U.S.Mail.
    • Within 6 weeks from the date the IRS receives your return, if you file via U.S. Mail.
    Information regarding refunds for Form 1040X, Amended U.S. Individual Income Tax Return is not available. Amended/corrected returns are processed as quickly as possible. However, it may take 8 to 12 weeks or longer to process the return.
    If 8 weeks have passed and you have not received your refund, call 1-800-829-1040.

How do I access the Jackson Hewitt Tax School web site?

The office where you signed up for tax school should have provided a Tax School Registration letter which contains the web site address: https://www.taxschool.com and your login username and password. If you cannot locate the letter please contact the local office and they can reprint another letter for you.

Finding Your Local Office

  1. Visit www.jacksonhewitt.com/officelocator.
  2. Enter your zip code.
  3. Make sure the checkbox next to Open Year Round (5 within 15 mile radius) is checked.
  4. Once you locate an office, click Show Full Office Details to see the hours of operation.

How can I register for a Jackson Hewitt Tax School Course?

Our Tax Schools are offered at various Jackson Hewitt locations throughout the country. In order to provide details on the Jackson Hewitt Tax School most convenient to you, please complete the Tax School Inquiry Form. Once the Tax School Inquiry Form has been completed, a local Jackson Hewitt office will be in contact with you.

Alternatively, you can call 1-800-234-1040 and select option 1 to be directly routed to the nearest Jackson Hewitt office or stay on the line if you have any additional questions or comments.

How do I get a copy of my return from the IRS?

You can request a photocopy or a computer transcript (a line-by-line listing) of the information on your filed tax return. Photocopies and transcripts are free from the IRS. If you need an actual copy (not a photocopy), then you must complete IRS Form 4506 and pay a $50 fee for your filed tax return and all related tax information, such as your Form W-2.

How can I find an open Jackson Hewitt Tax Service® office?

How do I reset my MyJH password?

  1. Go to www.jacksonhewitt.com and click MyJH Login in the upper right hand corner.
  2. The Jackson Hewitt Sign In page displays.
  3. Click the Forgot Password? link next to the password field.
  4. Enter your username and click Continue.
  5. An Access code will be emailed to your registered email address.
    • The email will come from webmaster@jacksonhewitt.com.
  6. Enter the Access Code in the field and click Continue.
  7. On the next screen enter your new password in the required fields.

What training do Jackson Hewitt Tax Preparers receive?

We meet all IRS requirements. Our Tax Preparers receive training in the basics of income taxes, they receive practice and testing in preparing income taxes using our proprietary software, ProFiler®, and they must pass a test to prove they understand the basics of taxes before they can prepare income taxes. Additionally, we require two hours of Ethics and Fraud and Prevention training for all tax preparers annually. We offer continuing education annually in tax theory. Most offices also employ Enrolled Agents, individuals who are authorized to practice before the IRS.

There are many Jackson Hewitt Tax Service offices open year-round to help taxpayers understand the ever-changing world of taxes, prepare and file individual income tax returns electronically via IRS e-file, and to deal with all individual income tax concerns. To find an office near you, please use our online office locator at www.jacksonhewitt.com/OfficeLocator/ or call us toll free at 1-800-234-1040 and select option 1 to connect you to the nearest office.

How do I file an amended return?

You can file an amended return to correct any errors or omissions on your original return. In some cases, you may even change filing status.

Using IRS Form 1040X, you should state the reason for filing the amended return and show the correct tax information as well as your original refund or balance due amount.

Do not attach Form 1040, 1040A, or 1040EZ to the amended return. Generally, you must file your amended return within three years after the date you filed your original return.

Tax Preparers with Jackson Hewitt Tax Service can assist taxpayers through the IRS amendment process. Many Jackson Hewitt offices have year round hours. To find an office near you, please use our online office locator at www.jacksonhewitt.com/OfficeLocator/ or call us toll free at 1-800-234-1040 and select option 1 to connect you to the nearest office.

How can I get a copy of my W2?

Per the IRS regulations, Electronic Return Originators (ERO's), like Jackson Hewitt, are required to keep customer paperwork for a 3-year period from the original tax return filing date. To find the local Jackson Hewitt office that prepared your return click here, enter your zip code at the time of tax preparation, select the Open Year Round option, and click the Find Offices button.

After the three years our offices shred the documents. If you need a copy of Form W-2 or Form 1099, you should first contact your employer or financial institution. To get a copy of the Form W-2 or Form 1099 filed with your return from the IRS, you must use Form 4506 and request a copy of your return, which includes all attachments. You can download the form from the IRS website: www.irs.gov

How do I get a customer service issue resolved?

We apologize if your experience with Jackson Hewitt did not meet your expectations. Please call our Customer Service line at 1-800-234-1040 a live agent will gather all of the necessary information needed to assist you in filing a formal customer service case. The case will be escalated to the local Client Care Manager and they should contact you within 24 hours.