Change of Address

Are you planning a move before the end of the year? The IRS has its own official change-of-address form, Form 8822, Change of Address. Complete this form and send it to the IRS to ensure they have up-to-date information in case they need to contact you. If you do not contact the IRS about a change of address, you can further compound any issues you have with the IRS.