Production Worker

You may be able to reduce your taxes by deducting unreimbursed, work-related expenses. These expenses may be claimed as miscellaneous itemized deductions on Schedule A, Itemized Deductions, and you should keep receipts to substantiate them. Examples of some items you may be able to deduct include:

  • Subscriptions to work-related publications
  • Union dues
  • Safety equipment, such as steel-toed boots


You also may be able to deduct work-related education courses or seminars if they meet certain requirements. Education typically meeting the requirements includes refresher courses, courses on current developments, and vocational courses. However, education that qualifies you for a new occupation or business or that helps you to meet the minimum education requirements of your present trade or business is not deductible.