Let’s find a tax preparation office for you


Oh no! We may not fully support the browser or device software you are using!

To experience our site in the best way possible, please update your browser or device software, or move over to another browser.


We’re still open

We're open late and weekends. Find an office near you today.

What to Expect

In-Person Help

Our tax pros will work hard to get you every credit and deduction available to you. 


We’re open late and on the weekend – no appointment necessary – to fit your schedule. Drop off/pick up service available at participating locations. 


What to bring

  • W-2, earnings statement or pay stub for W-2 download
  • Driver's license(s)
  • Social Security card(s)
  • Last year's federal and state tax returns
  • Dependent information, such as Social Security numbers and birth dates
  • Tax documents related to medical and educational expenses
  • Tax documents for interest and mortgage statements
  • Forms 1099 INT/DIV/B/1099R, if applicable

Other documents you might need


•   Medical and dental expenses.
•   Child care expenses and provider information.
•   Mileage records to doctor appointments.

Income sources

• Self-employed business income and expenses / 1099-MISC.
• Commissions you received or paid.
• Pension or retirement income / 1099-R.
• Unemployment income / 1099-G.
• Social Security Income / SSA-1099.
• Alimony paid or received.
• Lottery or gambling winnings/losses (If you itemize, even if you have winnings, losses may be listed on Schedule A in your favor).

Work expenses (unreimbursed)

After the recent tax reform, unreimbursed employee expenses are no longer allowed as an itemized deduction. However, taxpayers who are self-employed or small business owners should bring proof of expenses related to: 

• Uniforms, union dues/expenses, dues to professional societies, licenses and regulatory fees, subscriptions to professional journals/trade magazines, tools/supplies used in your work, occupational taxes, passport for a business trip, travel, transportation, meals, entertainment, gifts and local lodging related to your work.
• Job-related educational expenses.

Education expenses (unreimbursed)

•   Classroom expenses for teachers.
•   Tuition, books, supplies/equipment needed for a course of study, notebooks, ebooks, education fees, non-academic fees, student activity fees, athletic fees.
•   Student loan interest / 1098-E.

State & local taxes

•   State or local taxes paid.
•   State refund amount / 1099-G.
•   Estimated taxes or foreign taxes paid.

Savings & investments

•    IRA contributions.
•    Interest and dividend income / 1099-INT or 1099-DIV.
•   Statements on stock or bond sales / 1099-B.
•   HSA Contribution.
•   HSA / MSA Distribution / Form 1099-SA.

Real estate

•   Real estate taxes paid.
•   Personal property taxes paid.
•   Mortgage or home equity loan interest paid / 1098.
•   Record of new home purchase or sale.
•   Rental income and expenses.
•   Repayment of the First-Time Homebuyer Credit/Form 5405.


•   Charitable donations, cash and non-cash.
•   Casualty or theft losses.
•   Mileage records for travel to and from Goodwill, Salvation Army, charity events, volunteer work, etc.

Recommended to do

Get ready before your visit

Create a MyJH account and you can:

  • Upload and organize tax docs
  • Pick a filing office
  • Get assistance
Learn More

Did you know?


Every year, three out of four tax payers get a refund, averaging $2,850. 


The US tax code contains about 70,000 pages of rules. Get a Tax Pro to help!

Why Jackson Hewitt®?


We do the work so you don't have to worry. Open late and weekends, no appointment necessary.


We're not tax machines. We're Tax Pros who are happy to answer all of your questions.


We'll dig deep to get you 100% Accuracy. Maximum Refund Guaranteed.