You have indicated you wish to review and sign Communications electronically using the Platform. As part of our relationship with you, you may be entitled to receive certain Communications “in writing” – which means you are entitled to receive them on paper. With your consent these Communications may be provided electronically, instead. We also need your general consent to use electronic records and signatures in our relationship with you. If you agree, we will present certain Communications to you electronically.
By accepting this agreement, you are consenting to the use of electronic records and signatures in connection with your relationship with us and you expressly consent to receive calls from us at any cellular phone number you provide regarding your Transactions. You are also confirming that:
- You have reviewed this Disclosure and Consent,
- You have the hardware and software described below,
- You are able to receive and review electronic records, and
- You have an active email account and the ability to access and view your account. Documents may be provided in a digital format within your account, for download or within a eDocument. Some documents will also be available to review on Jacksonhewitt.com.
You are also confirming that you are authorized to, and do, consent on behalf of all of your co-applicants and co-owners of any Product.
In this Consent:
- “You” and “your” refers to the person giving consent.
- “We,” “us,” and “our” refers individually to (1) Jackson Hewitt Tax Service and (2) each of the persons who are providing Communications to you, or receiving Communications from you, as part of your Transaction. It also includes all of the affiliates, franchisees, agents, successors and assignees of each of those persons.
- “Communication” means each disclosure, notice, agreement, consent request, statement, undertaking, fee schedule, record, document or other information we provide to you to review, or that you sign or submit or agree to at our request, which is related to a Transaction.
- “Platform” means the Jackson Hewitt platform for electronic Communications used to present Communications to you in connection with your Transactions with us.
- “Transaction” means any tax preparation services and/or other consumer transaction(s) for which you are reviewing, receiving or signing Communications using the Platform.
- Your Consent. You agree that any Communications delivered or presented on the Platform may be in electronic form. You also expressly agree to receive telephone calls and messages, including autodialed and prerecorded message telephone calls, and SMS and text messages from us related to your Transaction at any telephone numbers that you have provided or may provide in the future (including any cellular telephone numbers). Your cellular or mobile telephone provider will charge you according to the type of plan you carry. We may also use electronic signatures and obtain them from you on any Communication presented or delivered on the Platform.
- How to Withdraw Consent. You may withdraw your consent at any time by calling 1-800-234-1040 or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be aware, however, that withdrawal of consent may result in the termination of your use of or access to the Platform and we may be unable to enter into certain Transactions with you. Your withdrawal of consent will become effective after we have had a reasonable opportunity to act upon it.
- How to Update Your Contact Information. It is your responsibility to provide us with a current e-mail address and other contact information, and to promptly update any changes in this information. You can update your contact information with Jackson Hewitt at any time by calling 1-800-234-1040.
- Hardware and Software Requirements. In order to receive, retain and execute Communications electronically using your own equipment, you will need access to:
• a Current Version (defined below) of Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge, Chrome, Safari or Firefox,
• a connection to the Internet,
• a Current Version of a program that accurately reads and displays PDF files, and
• a computer and an operating system capable of supporting all of the above. You will also need a printer if you wish to print out and retain records on paper, and electronic storage if you wish to retain records in electronic form.
You must also have an active email address and an active registration with the Platform.
If our hardware or software requirements change, and that change would create a material risk that you would not be able to access or retain electronic Communications, we will give you notice of the revised hardware or software requirements. Continuing to use this service after receiving notice of the change is reaffirmation of your consent.
- Requesting Paper Copies. You can obtain a paper copy of any Communication that Jackson Hewitt provides to you electronically in your Platform account by printing it yourself, or you may obtain a paper copy of any electronic Communication by visiting one of our locations and requesting a copy. Requests for paper copies must be made within a reasonable time after we first provided the electronic Communication to you. There is no charge associated with requesting a paper copy of a Communication we provided to you electronically.
- Retaining Copies. If you request paper copies, we encourage you to retain these copies for your later reference. If you are accessing the Communications electronically, we encourage you to print or download for your records a copy of all such Communications, including this ESIGN Consent disclosure and any other document that is important to you.
- Termination/Changes. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to discontinue the provision of your electronic Communications on the Platform, or to terminate or change the terms and conditions on which we provide electronic Communications. We will provide you with notice of any such termination or change as required by law.