• What You Need to File Taxes with Jackson Hewitt

    We can get started on your tax return with just 5 things . Gather them up and come on in to an office near you to get going.
    • W-2, earnings statement or paystub for W-2 download
    • Driver's License(s)
    • Social Security card or cards
    • Last year's Federal and State tax returns
    • Social Security numbers and birth dates of dependents
  • Other documents you might need

    You can print this list to keep track of documents as you receive them throughout the year, and do not forget to bring them with you when you come in.

    Print Checklist

    Or, you can securely upload your tax documents directly to Jackson Hewitt before your appointment. Don't have an appointment yet? Schedule one.Or just come in.

    Upload Tax Documents
  • Real Estate
    • Real estate taxes paid
    • Personal property taxes paid
    • Mortgage or home equity loan interest paid / 1098
    • Record of new home purchase or sale
    • Rental income and expenses
    • Repayment of the First-Time Homebuyer Credit/form 5405
    State & Local Taxes
    • State or local taxes paid
    • State refund amount / 1099-G
    • Estimated taxes or foreign taxes paid
    Income Sources
    • Self-employed business income and expenses / 1099-MISC
    • Commissions you received or paid
    • Pension or retirement income / 1099-R
    • Unemployment income / 1099-G
    • Social Security Income / SSA-1099
    • Alimony paid or received
    • Lottery or gambling winnings/losses (If you itemize, even if you have winnings, losses may be listed on Schedule A in your favor)
    Savings & Investments
    • IRA contributions
    • Interest and dividend income / 1099-INT or 1099-DIV
    • Statements on stock or bond sales / 1099-B
    • HSA Contribution
    • HSA/MSA Distribution/Form 1099-SA
    • Medical and dental expenses
    • Child care expenses and provider information
    • Mileage records to doctor appointments
    Work Expenses (Unreimbursed)
    • Uniforms, union dues/expenses, dues to professional societies, licenses and regulatory fees, subscriptions to professional journals/trade magazines, tools/supplies used in your work, occupational taxes, passport for a business trip, travel, transportation, meals, entertainment, gifts and local lodging related to your work.
    • Job-related educational expenses
    Education Expenses (Unreimbursed)
    • Classroom expenses for teachers
    • Tuition, books, supplies/equipment needed for a course of study, notebooks, ebooks, education fees, non-academic fees, student activity fees, athletic fees.
    • Student loan interest / 1098-E
    • Charitable donations, cash and non-cash
    • Casualty or theft losses
    • Mileage records for travel to and from Goodwill, Salvation Army, charity events, volunteer work, etc.