You can use your Jackson Hewitt® smartcard
, anywhere Visa®
debit cards are accepted, as soon as funds have been loaded to your card account. You can also make PIN-based, point-of-sale (POS) purchases wherever you see the Visa®
brand marks displayed.
+Activate your Jackson Hewitt® Card
Sign your name to the signature panel on the back of the Jackson Hewitt®smartcard.
Call the toll-free Customer Service number at (866) 518-4722*.
Verify the information requested about you and your Jackson Hewitt®smartcard and create your Personal Identification Number (PIN). Your Jackson Hewitt®smartcard will be activated and you may begin to use it.
ACTIVATE AND START TO USE YOUR Jackson Hewitt® smartcard TODAY!
+Deposit funds to your Jackson Hewitt® smartcard account
You can deposit additional funds directly to your Jackson Hewitt®smartcard account for FREE by authorizing the direct deposit of your pay, commission, disability and government checks (Social Security, Medicare, Welfare, etc.). This is called Direct Deposit, and it’s easy to set up. You can also load cash to your Jackson Hewitt®smartcard account using a retail network solutions store.
Access Your Account
If you receive government benefits (Social Security, SSI, Veterans, Rail Road Retirement, Civil Service Annuity) you can deposit those funds directly on to your Jackson Hewitt®smartcard for FREE! Click here to get more information on how to get your government benefits set up for direct deposit on your Jackson Hewitt®smartcard for FREE!
The Personal Identification Number (PIN) you created allows you to make debit purchases at point-of-sale (POS) terminals and to withdraw cash from ATMs. Be sure to keep this number safe and never share it with anyone or carry it with your card. There is a $5,000 limit on ATM cash withdrawals and a $5,000 limit on point-of-sale (POS) purchases every 24 hours. However, some ATM owners and operators or merchants may have established daily withdrawal limits and/or per transaction limits that you should verify before making a purchase or withdrawing cash.
+Access your account “24/7”
Check your Jackson Hewitt®smartcard account balance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week online or by phone at (866) 518-4722*. You can also sign up for automatic balance updates and alerts that you receive daily via email or text message.
Access Your Account
+Make signature-based purchases at no charge
Swipe your Jackson Hewitt®smartcard in the POS terminal and follow the on-screen prompts.
Select “credit” as the transaction type. Your Jackson Hewitt®smartcard is not a credit card, so making a signature-based purchase will not impact your credit score. The merchant will ask you to sign a receipt that you should keep with your records. You cannot get cash back when you make a signature-based transaction.
+Make purchases and get cash back
Swipe your Jackson Hewitt®smartcard and follow the on-screen prompts. Then tell the merchant you would like cash back. Limits may apply.
- Select “debit” as the transaction type and enter your PIN.
- Indicate the cash amount you’d like back. The total — purchase amount plus cash back — will be deducted from your Jackson Hewitt®smartcard account. Check your receipt for accuracy before you leave the store and keep it with your records.
+Withdraw cash from ATMs
Now you can have a separate savings account linked to your Jackson Hewitt®smartcard. There is no account opening fee or overdraft fees. You will earn interest and can manage the account online. FDIC insured.
- Swipe your Jackson Hewitt®smartcard and follow the on-screen prompts.
- Select “cash withdrawal” as the transaction type and enter your PIN.
- Select “checking” as the account type from which you want to withdraw funds.
- Indicate the amount of cash you want to withdraw. The total will be deducted from your Jackson Hewitt®smartcard account. Keep the ATM receipt for your records.
If your Jackson Hewitt®smartcard does not work in an ATM, try the following:
- Make sure you entered your PIN correctly.
- Check to see if the Visa and Interlink brand marks are displayed on the ATM.
- Make sure you select “checking” as the account type when prompted.
- Ensure that you have sufficient funds in your Jackson Hewitt®smartcard account.
If you continue to experience problems using your Jackson Hewitt®smartcard at an ATM, contact the ATM owner/operator or call Jackson Hewitt®smartcard Customer Service at (866) 518-4722.