• FAQs

    Ask Jackson Hewitt

    Get tax advice from Jackson Hewitt Tax Service professionals who can answer all your federal and state income tax questions. This week's featured questions are:

    • Is a W-2 required to file my tax return, or can I use my final paystub from 2012?
    • You must have a valid Form W-2 in order to complete and file your income tax return. Your employer(s) must issue your  W-2s by January 31, 2013. If you do not receive your W-2 mid-February, then contact your employer for more information.

      Jackson Hewitt may be able to download your W-2, and complete and file your income tax return before it arrives by mail. Contact your neighborhood Jackson Hewitt office at 1-800-234-1040, or use our Office Locator.
    • How much does Jackson Hewitt charge for tax preparation?
    • The cost of income tax preparation is based on the complexity of your tax return and the products and services you choose in addition to tax preparation. Call your neighborhood Jackson Hewitt Tax Service office to discuss your tax situation. 1-800-234-1040, or use our Office Locator.
    • Who can I claim as a dependent?
    • To claim a dependent, you must not be able to be claimed as a dependent by any other taxpayer. In addition, you generally cannot claim an exemption on a dependent who is married if they file a joint return. You cannot claim a person as a dependent unless that person is a U.S. citizen, a U.S. resident, U.S. national, or a resident of Canada or Mexico, for some part of the year. To be a dependent, the person must be your qualifying child or qualifying relative. Read more about Dependents  
    Can’t find what you need? Ask Jackson Hewitt your own tax questions!  
  • MyTaxManager


    Access FREE year-round tax tools

    Learn more
  • JH Mobile

    JH Mobile

    Download the App today on your smartphone

    Get It Now
  • Special Offer

    $20 OFF

    Tax preparation services  
    Get Coupon