With the 2010 tax-filing season underway, finding the right tax preparer can be difficult. These tips can help you find one that’s right
• Experience: Select a tax preparer who is well established
and has experience preparing a variety of individual income tax returns. Make
sure your tax preparer can handle your specific needs, whether you have an easy
return with one W-2 or a more complex return.
• Knowledge: Make sure your tax preparer is up-to-date on
the new and changed tax laws, has state-of-the-art tax preparation software and
quality training on the current tax laws.
• Accuracy: Verify that your tax preparer has quality,
up-to-date software with built-in error checks. For added accuracy, filing a
tax return electronically via IRS e-file provides checks on common errors and
provides faster receipt of an expected refund and confirmation from the IRS
within 48 hours, after your tax return has been received.
• Guarantee: To assure that your tax preparer will be there
for you in the event of any errors made, be certain your tax return includes a
• Year-Round Support: Make certain you have year-round
access to your tax preparer if any tax-related questions or concerns arise.